Plant-based, whole food diets don't need to lack flavor or excitement. These plant-based Thai Buddha Bowls are full of flavor, filling, and will leave your body thanking you.
Plant-based Thai Buddha Bowls
Prep Time - 30 Min
- 3 cups cooked Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 Pre-baked sweet potatoes, sliced
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Date Paste (or other sweetener if you want) (Note 1)
- 2 Tbsp water (or aquafaba for a thicker consistency)
- 6 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Sweet potato slices
- 6 slices avocado
- Diced Red or orange Bell pepper
- Chopped Green or purple onion
- Diced Cucumbers
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Julienned Carrots
- Mung Bean Sprouts
- Shelled Edamame
- Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded Carrots
- Chopped Peanuts
Place rice in bowl and top with veggies and toppings.
Drizzle thai peanut sauce and lots of love over top. Salt to taste.
1. How to make Date Paste
- Boil 1 cup water. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 Cup Dates in boiling water and let soak for 1 hour.
- Pour water and dates into blender and blend until smooth.